|Date||VIII–IX (780 - 820)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written presumably at Orléans or Fleury for Theodulf (died 821) bishop of Orléans and at the same time Abbot of St Aignan, Micy and Fleury. Nothing is known of the manuscript's history in the following centuries. It was certainly at Le Puy in 1511, as is evident from the entry by Pierre Rostaing, canon of Le Puy (fol. 344). A sister manuscript is Paris Lat. 9380 (CLA 5.576).
|TM Number||TM 66938|
Script is a very careful, tiny Caroline minuscule by several hands; in the Capitula and Praefationes it is still smaller. The first prologue and the poems are in very regular small uncial, in which, curiously enough, Q is mostly capital. Variant readings occur in the margins, preceded by a signe de renvoi and 'alibi' or 'al'. Notae Tironianae are used on fol. 216v to indicate a heading for the rubricator.
☛cf. M. Mostert, The library of Fleury, p. 105 BF370. ☛Index Tironianorum.
|Last modified||01 May 2019|