|Date||VI–VII (580 - 620)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Origin uncertain: probably Italy or Southern France. Provenance Murbach (yet not mentioned in the ninth-century catalogue), as attested by the familiar hand of Abbot Bartholomeus de Andolo (saec. XV med.) seen on fol. 2 and in corrections passim. To patch the volume strips were used from our very manuscript (fol. 90) as well as from a manuscript in a-z script (foll. 2, 3, 8, and 9) described in CLA 6.752. Was bought by Pierre Pithou (his note stands on fol. 2) in 1568 (or 1563) at Basel, where he also acquired the Eucherius MS Paris Lat. 2769 + 4808 (CLA 5.550), which may also come from Murbach. Later owned by Jacob Bongars (†1612), whose heir, J. Gravisset, donated it in 1632 to the city of Bern.
|TM Number||TM 67003|
|Contents||Cledonius, Ars Grammatica.|
Script is uncial not of the oldest type; half-uncial d is used in an abbreviated formula on fol. 77. Some small corrections occur in seventh century half-uncial. A note by a South German hand saec. IX in. stands on fol. 72v.
☛M. De Nonno, Manuscripts and Tradition of Grammatical Texts from Antiquity to the Renaissance, Cassino 2000, pp. 136, 164–72. ☛Bischoff, Katalog 1 no. 588a
|Last modified||02 May 2019|