|Date||VIII–IX (701 - 900)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written presumably in France, and probably in the North. According to a late eighteenth-century entry on the back of the cover, the volume comes from the Strasbourg cathedral, whence came many other volumes in the Bongars collection. Donated in 1632 to the city of Bern by J. Gravisset, Bongars' heir.
|TM Number||TM 67004|
|Contents||Gesta Regum Francorum; Calendarii fragmentum.|
Script is a careful and regular, well-developed Caroline minuscule: two forms of a, with open a predominating; g regularly has the Insular form. Script is erased on the lower half of fol. 132 and on fol. 132v. Additions to the chronological matter on foll. 133 ff. were made in French minuscule and Notae Tironianae, saec. IX.
|Last modified||05 September 2018|