|Date||IX (801 - 900)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written in France, presumably in a centre under Burgundian influence, to judge from the script. Belonged later to the Collège de Clermont, whence it entered the Meerman collection in 1764 and that of Sir Thomas Phillipps in 1824. Acquired by the Berlin Royal Library in 1887.
|TM Number||TM 67201|
|Contents||Collectio Canonum Dionysiana.|
Script is an early minuscule still retaining some pre-Caroline features: a has two forms; likewise g, noteworthy is the one with a thin oval bow; h leans to the left; r in ligature goes well below the line; the first stroke of z is c-shaped and stands on the base-line; N and R occur within the minuscule. The manuscript was thoroughly revised in the ninth century when many pages were partially or wholly rewritten.
☛CLA date (VIII–IX) changed to follow Bischoff, Katalog 1 no. 421.
|Last modified||21 July 2017|