|Date||VI² (551 - 600)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written presumably at Lyon. Visigothic influence is suggested by the constant use of uncial 𐌾, the form of f, and bus-abbreviation with the high point. Was certainly at Lyon in the ninth century, since Florus used it. Still there in the seventeenth century: an entry of that time, ‘Ecclesiae Lugdunensis’, stands on the last page. Later in the library of the Jesuit Collège de Clermont. Entered the Meerman collection in 1764 and that of Sir Thomas Phillipps in 1824. Acquired by the Berlin Royal Library in 1887.
|TM Number||TM 67202|
|Contents||Lex Romana Visigothorum.|
Script, apparently by two hands, is a rapid, expert half-uncial with letters leaning slightly to the left: 𐌾 is regularly uncial, M occasionally; NT, us, and some other ligatures occur at line-ends; here and there the final letter on a page is uncial. A smaller and more cursive half-uncial, leaning to the right, is used for explanations and references (foll. 6, 68, 97v, 115v, etc.). Later marginalia in Merovingian cursive saec. VII or early VIII and in Caroline minuscule of Lyon type saec. IX. Numerous critical marks by Florus Diaconus of Lyon. Probationes pennae saec. VII and VIII (fol. 221). Pre-Caroline and Caroline Notae Tironianae occur on foll. 5v, 7, 49v, 301v. An early Arabic entry of two lines in the lower margin of foll. 72v/73. Runic letters a b c d e in the lower margin of fol. 300. The manuscript seems to have been copied page by page, at least in part.
|Last modified||16 September 2022|