|Date||VIII (701 - 800)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Origin uncertain, manifestly an Anglo-Saxon centre with high calligraphic standards. Belonged probably to Murbach. Bought by Duke Ernest II (†1804) of Gotha-Altenburg from J. B. Maugérard between the years 1795 and 1802.
|TM Number||TM 67344|
|Contents||Testamentum Novum, Evangelia (Vulgata, Mt, Mc, Lc, Io).|
Script is a somewhat compressed Anglo-Saxon majuscule: d and n are regularly minuscule, R and S mostly majuscule; y has both branches curving to the right; letters vary considerably in size. Corrections by various contemporary hands in Anglo-Saxon majuscule, compressed majuscule, or pointed Anglo-Saxon minuscule. A correction saec. VIII–IX on fol. 221 is in minuscule of the type common in the Lake Constance region.
|Last modified||01 August 2017|