|Date||VIII in (701 - 725)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written in East France in a centre under Anglo-Saxon influence which also produced the half-uncial MSS Paris Lat. 2110, 2706, and 12207 (CLA 5.541, 547, 634), and possibly also Latin 152 (foll. 1–8) and 17654 (CLA 522, 670). Was at Murbach at latest by the fifteenth century; an entry in the well-known hand of Peter of Andlau stands on fol. 70. Acquired by Duke Ernest II (†1804) of Gotha-Altenburg from J. B. Maugérard.
|TM Number||TM 67347|
|Contents||Victorius, Canon Paschalis; Canones Apostolorum (imperf.).|
Script is an angular half-uncial of a distinct type: the tail of 𐌾 turns to the right; the top-strokes of t and z have a tendency to loop at the left; the scribe's run-overs and corrections are in smaller script. The heavy uncial used for headings shows close affinity to the script of Paris MSS Lat. 152 (foll. 1–8) and 17654 (CLA 5.522, 5.670): the bow of A is oval; N has a thick cross-stroke; P is squarish; the bow of R is angular. Entries in eighth-century Merovingian cursive on foll. 77v and 89v. The Notae Tironianae for 'usque hic' on fol. 89.
|Last modified||06 September 2018|