|Date||VI (501 - 600)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written in an important centre in South France. The text is related to that of Berlin Phill. 1761 from Lyon (CLA 8.1064). The random eighth-century entry: 'Ioseph eps' on fol. 222 may refer to the Joseph who was bishop of Freising from 749 to 764. This great volume may have reached Würzburg already by the ninth century, as the Anglo-Saxon probationes pennae suggest, and it was certainly there by the thirteenth: the ex-libris 'Liber sci Kyliani' (saec. XIII) stands on fol. 1. Came to Munich in 1806.
|TM Number||TM 67468|
|Contents||Breviarium Alarici (Lex Romana Visigothorum).|
Script is a bold, well-formed uncial by more than one hand: a striking feature is the sharp end of most down strokes; the bow of A is pointed; the second stroke of X often resembles a shallow, leaning C. The uncial script on fol. 331v was erased and the text rewritten in French pre-Caroline minuscule saec. VIII. A cursive note saec. VII is seen on fol. 258 and erased probationes pennae in Merovingian script on fol. 247. Carelessly written Notae Tironianae passim; a long note, deciphered by Mentz, is on fol. 260v. Probationes pennae in Anglo-Saxon script are seen on the front fly-leaf, saec. IX in.
☛S. Ammirati, JJP 40 (2010), p. 105–7. ☛Index Tironianorum.
|Last modified||05 September 2018|