|Date||VIII (701 - 800)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written in an Anglo-Saxon centre, probably on the Continent to judge from the initials. Was at Echternach in the ninth century; a litany in which the 'congregatio sancti Willibrordi' was mentioned was cut out by Baron Hüpsch who split the manuscript up into three volumes and sold them separately to Duke Karl Eugen of Württemberg in 1787–88. A description by Hüpsch is kept with the manuscript.
|TM Number||TM 67492|
|Contents||Testamentum Vetus, Psalterium (Vetus Latina, Ps).|
Script is an artificial uncial: the loop of A is a closed circle normally unattached to the oblique; the tail of 𐌾 is usually very long and straight; the stems of h and L begin with a horizontal serif and often even with a cup-shaped tag; the first upright of N is a long hair-line; the cedilla of E is a closed circle like the loop of A. Run-overs which frequently occur at end of columns are often in smaller script with the letters widely separated. A few corrections in uncalligraphic Insular minuscule; glosses taken from Cassiodorus' commentary in late ninth-century Caroline minuscule. 'Cantica' in Caroline minuscule saec. IX¹ are seen on fol. 93r–v.
|Last modified||01 August 2017|