|Date||VIII–IX (780 - 820)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written in the Lake Constance region, to judge from its palaeography. Belonged later to the Benedictine monastery of Weingarten: the entry 'Monasterii Weingartensis An° 1630' stands on fol. 1; it may have come there from the old cathedral library of Constance along with many other manuscripts.
|TM Number||TM 67494|
Script is a roundish early minuscule of the Alemannic type: open a predominates; noteworthy is the form of o here and there with its horn-shaped ending; v-shaped u occurs at line-ends; z has the typical Germanic form with the two horizontals curved, the upper cup-shaped, the lower convex; suprascript, sickle-shaped a occurs in ligature; other ligatures include nt even in mid-word, ti ligature for both hard and soft ti. Marginal summaries in smaller script are by a contemporary hand. The familiar alphabetical exercise 'adnexique, etc.' is found with other probationes pennae (saec. IX–XII) on fol. 117v and on the inside of the back cover.
|Last modified||03 May 2019|