|Date||VIII–IX (701 - 900)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written at St Amand, or at Salzburg by scribes brought over from St Amand by Bishop (later Archbishop) Arno (785–821), a prelate of both places. Belonged to the Salzburg cathedral library: the fifteenth-century press-mark '114' is still seen on the front cover.
|TM Number||TM 67672|
|Contents||Hieronymus, Epistulae; etc.|
Script is an elegant Caroline minuscule of the characteristic St Amand-Salzburg type (cf. CLA 10.1463): a is the usual, open a the occasional, form; v-shaped u is seen in the ending, orv at line-end. Half-uncial is used for some running titles, occasionally for 'amen', and on fol. 201 for the second line of a heading; half-uncial Ᵹ occurs at the beginning of sentences. Corrections by contemporary, ninth-, and eleventh-century hands. Numerous marginalia by a characteristic ninth-century scribe, probably Baldo of Salzburg .
|Last modified||23 June 2017|