|Date||VIII–IX (780 - 820)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written no doubt at Salzburg, to judge by the script. Belonged to the Salzburg cathedral library: the fifteenth-century shelf-mark '75' stands on the front cover. Was removed to Vienna in 1806.
|TM Number||TM 67685|
|Contents||Johannes Chrysostomus, Commentarius in Evangelia.|
Script is a firm, bold Caroline minuscule with wedge-shaped finials, to be compared with the script of the Ambrose fragments at Salzburg and with one hand of Salzburg MS a. VII. 2 (CLA 10.1464, 1460): a and d are the rule; the nꞇ ligature occurs even in mid-word; the typical or ligature is seen on fol. 66v. Corrections by several ninth-century Salzburg scribes, one of whom is probably Baldo (e.g. on fol. 42v). The Nota Tironiana 'usque' stands in the margin on fol. 31.
|Last modified||21 May 2019|