|Date||VI (501 - 600)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written presumably in South Italy. Corrected in the sixth century at Aquino by a Dulcitius (see foll. 9v, 21), probably the Dulcitius recorded about 556–60. Later at Benevento. The manuscript was in Vienna in the last quarter of the eighteenth century when the Jesuit Joseph Benedict Heyrenbach made a careful transcript of most of the text (now Vienna L 9799). The main manuscript was presented to the Emperor Joseph II by Camillo IV, count of Colloredo, between 1793 and 1797; it was then bound up with Vienna L 903, Epistulae Pauli in Beneventan saec. X. The St Florian fragment came from Garsten after the dissolution of this convent under Joseph II; this fragment and one of the two fragments which were acquired by the Nationalbibliothek from Professor Hubert Marischka in 1954 (foll. 44 bis, 74 ter) were regarded as autographs of St Augustine according to eighteenth-century entries. The Barberini leaf was discovered by G. Mercati in 1901.
|TM Number||TM 60171|
|Contents||Hilarius Pictaviensis, De Trinitate (imperf.), Contra Arianos (imperf.).|
Script is an easy, leisurely half-uncial of an early type, with both 𐌾 and Ᵹ. Numerous corrections in sixth-century sloping uncial by Dulcitius. Other marginalia in fine sixth-century cursive. An early tachygraphical note on fol. 42v. An entry in large late uncial on fol. 88v. Some fourteenth century scribbles contain Italian names. A transcript of some sentences on fol. 38 is in the same fifteenth-century hand seen in Vienna MS L 903 in Beneventan script saec. X; this hand, according to A. Campana, was that of the librarian of the ‘ecclesia maior' of Benevento.
|Last modified||05 September 2018|