|Date||VIII ex (776 - 800)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written doubtless at Salzburg, to judge from the script of the text and of the early additions. Belonged to the Salzburg cathedral library, where it was number 189 according to the fifteenth-century shelf-mark on the binding.
|TM Number||TM 67695|
|Contents||Poenitentiale 'Discipulus Umbrensium', etc.|
Script is a somewhat compressed yet roundish Caroline minuscule of Salzburg type, closely akin to the script of CLA 10.1475 and 1476: a and d have two forms; the ꞇi ligature occurs in the Insular form. Added patristic excerpts on foll. 46v–57 are by Salzburg scribes saec. IX in.; excerpts from St Augustine on foll. 2, 57–59 probably by the scholasticus Baldo. The script of a late eighth century corrector using grey ink (foll. 17, 36, etc.) distinctly recalls the hand of Meginfrit seen in Bamberg MS Class. 3 (CLA 8.1027a).
|Last modified||18 July 2017|