|Date||VIII–IX (780 - 820)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written in a continental scriptorium under Insular, presumably Anglo-Saxon, influence. Used for rewriting with biblical and other glosses in the late-twelfth century, apparently at the Premonstratensian abbey of Weissenau in Württemberg; cf. the Weissenau ex-libris saec. XIII on fol. 57v and saec. XVIII on fol. 1. After the dissolution of the monastery the manuscript came into the possession of Count Francis of Sternberg, whose library was acquired by Prince John Lobkowitz in 1830. In 1930 the Prague Lobkowitz Library was bought by the Czech State.
|TM Number||TM 67733|
Script, which is hardly visible, seems to be pre-Caroline minuscule under Insular influence: Ᵹ seems flat-topped; the stem of r goes below the line; ꞅt are in ligature.
|Last modified||29 April 2019|