|Script||Uncial and Half-Uncial|
|Date||VII (601 - 700)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written in a Burgundian centre under Insular influence, to judge by the script. Was used at Lyon in the ninth century by Florus Diaconus. Discovered by Jacques Sirmond in the Lyon cathedral library in 1629. Became number 569 in the Jesuit Collège de Clermont at Paris and after the dissolution of the Collège was divided in two. The first part, now in St Petersburg, apparently got to St-Germain-des-Prés and was acquired by Peter Dubrowsky probably with his other manuscripts in 1791; it entered the Imperial Library in 1805. The second part was bought by Gerhard Meerman in 1763, by Sir Thomas Phillipps in 1824, and by the Berlin Royal Library in 1887.
|TM Number||TM 67199|
|Contents||Dionysius Exiguus, Collectio Canonum Secunda, etc.|
Script of St Petersburg, foll. 1–15v, 63v, 154–185v is a curious narrow uncial; script of foll. 16–63, 64–153v is half-uncial with g regularly uncial; y is short and occasionally dotted; ascenders and descenders are very long; the last strokes of a, r, and ꞇ are prolonged at line-end. Merovingian entries in the lower margin of fol. 1, etc. A note 'saec. VIII–IX' on the names of the apostles and their 'interpretationes' on fol. 2. A cursive barred L occurs here and there in the margin. Corrections in ninth-century minuscule. For other details see under Berlin (CLA 8.1061).
|Last modified||05 September 2018|