|Date||VIII–IX (701 - 900)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written presumably in an Anglo-Saxon centre in Germany. The fragments were used for binding accounts of the monastery of Neustadt on the Main for the years 1671–3. The bindings were possibly made in Würzburg. The St Petersburg leaf belonged in the nineteenth century to the Historischer Verein at Würzburg and later entered the collection of Prof. N. P. Likhachev (†1936) of St Petersburg.
|TM Number||TM 67510|
|Contents||Sacramentarium Gelasianum (fragm.).|
Script, by several hands, is Anglo-Saxon minuscule with long descenders: a and d have two forms; g has a pointed chest; l (in ll the second l) regularly descends far below the line; the last stroke of final m is often prolonged; ligatures include tio. The uncial of the headings is not typically English. For other details see under Wertheim (CLA 9.1372).
☛Formerly Munich, Bayerische Staatsbibliothek CLM 29163 b. ☛Formerly Wertheim am Main, Fürstlich Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenbergsches Archiv fr. 1 (lit. B. no. 1686 a).
|Last modified||10 July 2017|