Volume / Number: 11 / 1602
|Date||VIII med vel VIII² (726 - 800)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written at Corbie by Ingreus at the order of Abbot Leutchar, who is documented as abbot in the year 765. Migrated to Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Paris, in 1638, in which library it bore the numbers 119 and 205. Acquired by Peter Dubrowsky in 1791 and by the Imperial Library in 1805.
|TM Number||TM 67767|
|Contents||Ambrosius, In Lucam.|
Script, by Ingreus, is a somewhat squashed half-uncial of a special type named after Leutchar who ordered this manuscript (cf. CLA 6, p. xxiii f., 8.1067a, and the preceding item): characteristic are the use of uncial 𐌾, with the tail swinging boldly to the left as in Luxeuil uncial (cf. CLA 4.497), and N with a low, almost horizontal, middle stroke; y is dotted; ascenders are club-shaped; strokes are often unjoined. The scribe signs in uncial : 'INGREUS AꝹIUUANTE ꝹNO SCRIbSIT' (fol. 210). The Leutchar entry, which seems added by a later hand, is in artificial mannered uncial and reads: 'LEUTChARIUS ABBA IUSSIT FIERI' (fol. 211). Below it, in curious capitals, stands the name RATBERTVS, which Mabillon was inclined to consider the autograph of Radbertus Paschasius, the later abbot of Corbie (†post 856). The manuscript still has its Carolingian binding.
|Last modified||13 September 2022|