|Date||VIII¹–VIII med (701 - 775)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written in North-east France and possibly at Corbie, where in the eighth century it was bound together with a manuscript of Matthew in the Old Latin version (see next item), of which it was manifestly a continuation. Both parts migrated together to St-Germain-des-Prés in 1638, in which library they received the number 21, later 1200. Acquired by Peter Dubrowsky in 1791 and by the Imperial Library in 1805.
|TM Number||TM 67788|
|Contents||Testamentum Novum, Evangelia (Vulgata, Mc 1.1–5.2).|
Script is a late half-uncial: g is somewhat pinched; both N and n are used; pointed v occurs suprascript at line-end; the left limb of x turns in; the stem of y descends below the line; ligatures of NS, NT, and us occur at line-end. An exorcism in cursive saec. VIII beginning at the end of the manuscript of Matthew on fol. 76v and ending on fol. 79 (fol. 1 of our manuscript) proves that the two manuscripts, though different in size, were united by that time.
|Last modified||31 July 2017|