|Date||V med (post 435 vel 442) (436 - 475)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written doubtless in Italy. Was in France at least as early as saec. XIV. Owned by Jean du Tillet, Bishop of Meaux (†1570). Passed to the Jesuit College of Clermont at Paris, then to Gerard Meerman of the Hague. Bought for the Bodleian in 1824.
|TM Number||TM 66324|
Script is an uncial of the oldest type, very expert and graceful. Contemporary marginalia and corrections in sloping b-d uncial by a highly skilful hand, which supplied the entire fol. 145.
☛F. Troncarelli, Scrittura e Civiltà 12 (1988), p. 71–5, argues MS was in Cassiodorus' library at Vivarium. ☛Steffens, Paléographie latine, Pl. 17.
|Last modified||18 July 2017|