|Date||VII–VIII (680 - 720)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written in England, probably at Canterbury: the back fly-leaf, fol. 77, appears to be in Canterbury minuscule saec. XI. Belonged to Christopher, Lord Hatton (†1670). Bought by the Bodleian from Robert Scott in 1671.
|TM Number||TM 66332|
|Contents||Regula S Benedicti.|
Script is an expert bold uncial, with the shaded portion of letters accentuated; the bow of uncial A is artificially ornamental; the tail of G is finished by a thick triangle; the upper bow of B is small; T at line-ends sometimes rises above the head-line. Many ligatures at line-ends. Numerous corrections in contemporary smaller uncial; two and a half lines in Anglo-Saxon script (saec. IX) on fol. 49v. Some added neumes occur on fol. 44v.
|Last modified||30 April 2019|