|Script||Uncial and Half-Uncial|
|Date||VIII med (726 - 775)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Origin North France, doubtless Chelles. The peculiar uncial and the decoration connect this MS with the group represented by the famous Sacramentary, Vatic. Regin. Lat. 316 (CLA 1.105). On fol. 1 is added in Anglo-Saxon script saec. VIII–IX Charlemagne's Letter to Abbot Baugulf of Fulda, and on fol. 260 a library catalogue, perhaps of Würzburg (see CLA plate). Belonged to St Kilian's of Würzburg certainly by the ninth century, as is shown by the entry on fol. 1v ('. . . faciat eum sancto Kiliano restitui'). The same page has the Würzburg ex-libris saec. XIII. Acquired by Archbishop Laud before 1638.
|TM Number||TM 66338|
|Contents||Augustinus, De Trinitate.|
Both uncial and half-uncial are used, the scripts changing with each new quire. Both are of a distinct type connected with North-eastern France; the decoration points to the same region. Ꝺ sometimes resembles an O surmounted by a stem curving to the left; occasionally the two bows of uncial M rise branch-like above the line; the second upright of N often leans to the left; in the half-uncial portions C has the uncial form: descenders usually end in a fine hair-line. Some corrections saec. XIII.
☛CLA first-edition provenance (North or Northeastern France) changed to follow second edition. ☛Bischoff, Katalog 2 no. 3832a. ☛Lowe, Palaeographical Papers 1 (1972), pp. 239–250. ☛F. Römer, Die handschriftliche Überlieferung II/2 Österr. Akad. Veröff. Corpus Latein. Kirchenväter IV (1972) p. 270
|Last modified||09 August 2018|