|Date||V–VI (480 - 520)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Origin uncertain, probably Italy, possibly South France. Was at Lyon in the time of Florus (†ca. 860). Belonged to Henri de Coislin, bishop of Metz (†1732) whose manuscripts came into the library of St Germain des Prés in 1735. In the Coislin collection it bore the number 185 and was bound up with Coislin 186, a Graeco-Latin Psalter; the fire at St Germain des Prés in 1794 damaged the binding; after that the manuscript was bound separately. Came to the Bibliothèque Nationale during the first half of the nineteenth century.
|TM Number||TM 66769|
Script is elegant, calligraphic uncial of the old type and is of two distinct but contemporary styles: the older style is seen on foll. 4–8, 148–155 in which uncial E has the high hasta, G a tiny tail, and N is broad; F, P, uncial Q, R, S, are small and confined within the lines. Probationes pennae in late Merovingian minuscule occur on foll. 25 and 155v. Many pages show added punctuation with the characteristic interrogation mark and corrections in neat, small mixed uncials in dark ink, in a hand believed to be that of Florus Diaconus of Lyon (cf. foll. 43v, 102 et passim).
|Last modified||01 May 2019|