|Date||VIII ex (779–797) (779 - 797)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written presumably at Fleury, to judge by certain palaeographical features which it has in common with Paris N. A. Lat. 1597 and the fly-leaf in Wolfenbüttel Helmst. 455. The approximate date is fixed by the paschal table on fol. Bv which runs from 779 to 797: the script favours the end of that cycle. The Fleury ex-libris saec. IX–X 'hic est lib sci benedicti floriacensi(!)' is seen on fol. l38v. The complete manuscript belonged to Pierre Daniel (1530–1603); the Bern part was acquired by Jacob Bongars (1554–1612) whose name is seen on foll. 2 and 195v; his heir, J. Gravisset, donated it to the city of Bern in 1632.
|TM Number||TM 66699|
|Contents||Donatus; Maximus Victorinus, De Finalibus Metrorum; Asper; Sergius; Alcuinus, De Grammatica; Beda, De Schematibus et Tropis; Isidorus, Etymologiae (1); Iulianus Toletanus; Probus, De Ultimis Syllabis.|
Script, by several hands, is a curious tiny mixed type found also in Wolfenbüttel Helmst. 455 and Bern A 91(7) + Paris Lat. 9332 saec. IX in.: open a predominates; d has two forms; g has the Insular form and is s-shaped in ligature; suprascript pointed v is frequent in final syllables; many ligatures recall Insular forms; noteworthy are the ligatures of li and the numerals LX and XX. Marginalia in Caroline minuscule saec. IX and X, some interspersed with Notae Tironianae. Some Irish glosses.
☛Index Tironianorum no. 71.
|Last modified||09 August 2018|