|Date||VIII–IX (780 - 820)|
|Origin and Provenance||
Written presumably in an Anglo-Saxon centre in Germany. The fragments were used for binding accounts of the monastery of Neustadt on the Main for the years 1671–1673. The bindings were possibly made in Würzburg.
|TM Number||TM 67510|
Script, by two hands, is Anglo-Saxon minuscule of a type characterized by long descenders: a and d have two forms; g has a pointed chest; l (in ll the second l) regularly extends far below the line; the last stroke of m is often prolonged; ligatures include tio. The uncial of the headings is not typically English: B is tall; L sometimes extends below the line; the top of T bends to the left. For the usual 'praefatio', our manuscript has 'cumlaudatio’ or 'contestatio'. For other details see under St Petersburg, CLA 11.**1372.
☛Formerly Munich, Bayerische Staatsbibliothek CLM 29163 b. ☛Formerly Wertheim am Main, Fürstlich Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenbergsches Archiv fr. 1 (lit. B. no. 1686 a). ☛Bischoff, Katalog 2 no. 2296.
|Last modified||03 May 2019|